Wednesday, October 3, 2007

In the works.

The color way on the left is the girl version of the yarn I used to knit the "Little Boy Blue" set. Within the next week you will see a "Little Miss Muffett" listing for this new girls set! As always, even if the size you want is not listed in the shop, we can always get you the size you need.

Cotton yarn is by far one of my most favorite materials to work with. My two favorites are Cotton Tots and Blue Sky Alpacas. Both are high quality cotton and an absolute joy to knit with. Cotton Tots comes in a bright array of colors perfect for those baby/child knits that make people say "ooooh" when they see it. Blue Sky Alpacas is a little bit softer and is not plied as tight, making anything knit with it very very snuggly. Blue Sky Alpacas also uses organically grown cotton which means that there are no pesticides, herbicides or agro-chemicals used in the growing or harvesting of the fiber. The yarn I typically use has been dyed after harvesting. I use both yarns a fair amount.

If you are looking for something that is specifically organic cotton, go to the materials section in the description and look for "organic cotton." Also, if you see something you like that is not knit using organic cotton, and you would like it to be, please let me know and we can do a custom order for you.

I am really excited about the new items being created here and even more excited to be involved in something so great with my Mom!

Mom: I can't wait to see that new fabric you got!

Sarah

2 comments:

Faith said...

Hi Sarah!!!!

I will post a pic of the fabric, I love the retro it reminds me of first grade lol way back when?

Jessica said...

Gorgeous!!!